Friday, August 31, 2012

Healthier Side to Pizza Rolls

HomeMade Pizza Rolls

My husband loves the frozen pizza rolls from the grocery! However, they're so bad for you! I tried to make a healthier side to them!! He loved them and couldn't even tell I used a couple healthier alternatives!

I used Pillsbury Frozen Pizza Crust (But a Wheat Crust would make it even more healthier) and rolled it out and used a pizza cutter to divide it into squares. I then put 2 slices of Turkey Pepperoni on each square and as much lowfat shredded mozzarella cheese as I could fit. Next time I make these I'm going to use cubed cheese that way you use more cheese but it takes up less space for when you ball them up!


I took the four corners and brought them together to make balls. Placed them in a baking pan lightly sprayed with oil to prevent from sticking. I then painted them with olive oil and sprinkled them with garlic powder,  italian seasoning, and grated Parmesan Cheese! Set the oven to 400 degrees and let them bake for about 25 mins or until golden brown on the top!


Serve Warm with a side of either pizza sauce or marinara sauce whichever you prefer! I haven't tried actually putting the sauce in them but I'm going to try that next time so I will let you all know how it worked :)


No comments:

Post a Comment